To send emails from Schooltime, you must configure the SMTP settings in your Schooltime account. The SMTP settings can be acquired from your email service provider.
You can configure SMTP settings for the Schooltime account and then allow all schools created under the account to inherit the SMTP settings, or each school can have independent SMTP settings.
Log in to your Schooltime account.
Click on Communication icon from Dash board
- Or, click on Communication from Main menu
- Click on Settings from sub menu & select Email.
- Select 'Smtp' from the list & click on plus mark
- Enter all the details & click on Save & Test option.
If you are providing independent SMTP settings for a school, on the Schools tab, click the name of the school.
- On the Right, click Email.
- On the Left, click the smtp button.
- In the Address field, enter the SMPT mailer address. For example, smpt.gmail.com.
- In the Port field, enter the port number used by the mail service provider.
- In the User name and Password fields, enter the username and password for authenticated SMTP access.
- In the Authentication field, enter the authentication method details according to the mail service provider. It can be plain, login, passwords, etc.
- In the Domain field, enter the domain name. Some email service providers may use a domain name along with the address.
- In the From address field, enter the email address that will be displayed in the 'from' field when emails are sent from the server.
- Click the Save/Test button.
- To test your settings, click the Verify Settings button. A message will be displayed notifying you whether your settings are right or wrong. If your settings were right, you will receive an email to the email address used to set up your company/institution profile. If your settings were wrong, you will have to recheck your settings.
- SMTP server (i.e., outgoing mail): smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP username: Your full Gmail or Google Apps email address (e.g. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org )
- SMTP password: Your Gmail or Google Apps email password
- SMTP port: 465
- SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes In order to store a copy of outgoing emails in your Gmail or Google Apps Sent folder, log into your Gmail or Google Apps email Settings and:
- Click on the Forwarding/IMAP tab and scroll down to the IMAP Access section: IMAP must be enabled in order for emails to be properly copied to your sent folder.
If you are using free gmail account for smtp to help keep your account
secure, google may block Schooltime from accessing your account, and you’ll
see a error message when trying to sign in.
To overcome this you can try one of the following steps.
visit http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and sign in with your Gmail username and password. If necessary, enter the letters in the distorted picture.
Go to https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and choose “Allow” .